Sunday 30 September 2018

More BookingTrack News

I'm still working on BookingTrack - see THIS page for the detailed description. The current focus of the work is to make some key parts of the database available on the local network of computers and devices that the client uses.

So far, I have the Contact Logging part of the program working as a stand-alone module that will allow staff members to log contact with the clients from any machine connected to the network. These devices can be either a PC or an Android-powered mobile phone or tablet device.

If I'm honest, I've never done this type of client/server programming before and I'm finding it all a bit of a challenge to get things working smoothly. I need to write down much more - in terms of notes about rules and data structures - than I've ever had to do before. Still, it is enjoyable and has given me loads of ideas for more projects over the long winter.